In line with the health-centric goals of Iranian Anti-Tobacco Association (IATA) and for expanding the studies about women and tobacco, the women’s unit of IATA is holding a scientific panel in the 2nd international SCMW conference.
Gender and tobacco in Muslim societies: Cultural explanations and interventions
Topics to consider:
1. Social and cultural Causes of smoking in women compared to men;
2. Social and cultural effects and consequences of tobacco use;
3. Interventions that reduce tobacco use in women;
4. To identify the best way to deliver health-promoting messages with an emphasis on Islamic culture;
5. Tobacco and the family;
6. Effective strategies for smoking cessation in the Islamic world and the Western world;
7. Effective tobacco prevention programs with regard to the Muslim community as the target audience;
8. To identify various countries’ approaches and practices in the field of tobacco use and tobacco-related issues.
In addition, the panel welcomes any new issues related to “gender”, “culture” and “tobacco”.
Paper Abstract Submission Deadline 2020-05-15
Notification of Results 2020-03-20
Full Paper Submission 2020-06-01
Conference Date 26-27 September 2020
* Abstracts and papers must be submitted in English *
For more information, visit: http://scmwconf.atu.ac.ir/page_1298.html
Or contact via +98 21 26402630 or email@example.com